As we continue our new sermon series in Galatians, here’s how you can be praying:
The Sermon title: “Why is Grace Never Enough?” (from a human point of view)
READ: Galatians 2:15-21
We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is justified not by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we might be justified by faith in Christ,and not by doing the works of the law, because no one will be justified by the works of the law. But if, in our effort to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have been found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! But if I build up again the very things that I once tore down, then I demonstrate that I am a transgressor. For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God; for if justification comes through the law, then Christ died for nothing.
· Pray that your “good works” do not subsidize your faith and diminish the work on the cross. Thank Him for His grace alone has made you righteous. Ask God to show you the “good works” He has prepared for you in Christ Jesus as you follow Him every day.
· Pray for those who do not yet know Jesus who are gambling on being “good enough” through their own works and believe they do not need a Savior. Pray that God shows them that “No one does good, not even one” (Romans 3:12). Pray this revelation is personal and drives them to the cross of Christ. Pray for those who don’t care about goodness.
· Pray for your Jewish friends who, in continuing to wait for the Messiah, still live by the Law. Pray God gives them eyes to see that the Law has been perfectly kept for them in Jesus and they can now live in God’s grace through Him.
· Ask God for a hunger to know His Word better which will draw you more deeply into a beautiful, intimate love relationship with Him.
· Pray for our mission team in South Africa.
· Pray for firefighters and families displaced by all the fires in California. Pray for God’s mercy over this parched land and pray that the miracle of quenching rain may come soon.
· Pray for Kendall Payne, her husband Tyler, and their daughters Elliot and Ashton as they prepare to move to Texas. May God meet all their needs perfectly and bless them!
“And now we begin to know what the New Testament is always talking about….Christians “being born again”; “putting on Christ”, Christ “being formed in us; about our coming to “have the mind of Christ.” Put it out of your head these are only fancy ways of saying that Christians are to read what Christ said and try to carry it out…They mean that a real Person, Christ, here and now, in that very room where you are saying your prayers, is doing things to you. It’s not a question of a good man who died two thousand years ago. It’s a living Man, still as much a man as you and still as much God as when He created the world, really coming and interfering with your very self; killing the old natural self and replacing it with the kind of self He has…. (C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity)
LISTEN: Lead Me To The Cross: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_24IdbJ0Tw