As we continue our Lenten sermon series, Meals with Jesus, The Second Seating, here's how you can be praying this week:
Matt 21:12-13: Then Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who were selling and buying in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it a den of robbers.”
• Offer a prayer of thanksgiving for Jesus’ boldness in cleaning out the temple courts and for his heart’s desire that the temple be fully set aside for prayer and worship of God.
• Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the moments when we may inadvertently allow hindrances to stop us from fully consecrating ourselves to God in intentional prayer and worship. Pray that God will provide both discernment and strength for us in those moments to re-orient ourselves towards God.
• Pray that God will continue to transform BAC into a praying church, rather than a church that prays. Ask God to help us to pray without ceasing and to seek the heart of God in our prayers and meditations.
• Pray that God will continue to bless the Life Groups that are meeting during this Lenten season. Ask God to provide a safe space in each home for people to gather, learn, pray, and deepen their relationships with God and one another.
• Pray that God will bring the perfect leadership to Contemporary Worship. Ask God that the team leading the hiring process may discern what God has in store for BAC during this season.
• “Lord …we, too, are temples of your Holy Spirit.… Show us what needs to be corrected in our life--which behavior patterns, attitudes and failures that cannot co-exist with your Spirit. Then give us the courage to deal with them.” (Marilyn Murphree)
• “Prayer is the most concrete way to make our home in God.” (Henri Nouwen)
• “Prayer doesn't just change things - it changes us. If we are diligent in seeking God, slowly and surely we become better people.” (Joyce Meyer)
House of Prayer by Eddie James: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKPREBY7rng
• Make a list of hindrances in your life that clutter your relationship with God. One by one, ask Jesus to cleanse you from them.
• Set aside a time each day to bring praise and prayer to God.
• Ask yourself if there's someone you know at BAC who might not be receiving these Weekly Prayer Guides. Ask them if they'd like to be included in this email each week. Share this link with them and ask them to click on and submit the request at "subscribe to prayer guide." http://belairpres.org/page/6719 Let's expand our circle of intercessors at BAC so that we can more faithfully be a praying church.