Fashion/Beauty Content Creator and Video Editor for Social Media platforms
Seeking recent college graduates!
Are you passionate about editing and creating amazing video content? Do you want an internship with a creative director and premiere beauty professional working at the crossroads of beauty, fashion and entertainment?
If so, then we want to meet you!
We’re looking for an ambitious content creator who is passionate about fashion/beauty and who is a skilled video editor to help drive and execute a robust growth strategy on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube in collaboration with our team. The successful candidate is obsessed with social media and how content is consumed on emerging platforms. Creativity, video editing skills and a love for fashion and beauty are key to succeeding in this role. The intern will work directly one of the most sought-after Hollywood hair stylists and join our creative team.
About Hair by Adir:
Hair by Adir is a preeminent red carpet hair stylist, named the “Hitmaker of Hollywood Hairstyles” by the New York Times, and Creative Director for the acclaimed Virtue Labs and an influencer with over 750K Instagram followers. His mission is to inspire confidence and creativity and bring joy to his clients and the world. His studio is in Los Angeles.
Qualifications (some of the things we hope you’re proficient at):
· Strong experience in Adobe Premiere Pro and other picture/video editing software
· Strong experience in video production and content creation
· Experience and knowledge with lighting and camera equipment
· Proficient with basic photo editing technology
· Strong social media knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and emerging platforms
· Strong computer and file management skills (Dropbox, WeTransfer, Photoshop, Apple, Google G Suite, MS)
· An understanding and passion for beauty/fashion/entertainment is a necessity
· Understanding of virality and ability to generate story ideas with strong social potential
· Ability to capture the message the Creative Director desires
· Ability to think outside the box and have an editorial eye in terms of filming and editing
· Compelling, conversational voice that facilitates audience engagement and growth
· Responsible and positive work attitude with the ability to deal with challenging tasks
· Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
· Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
· Ability to listen and communicate clearly
· Willingness to learn
· Last but not least, a high standard of ethics, excellence and integrity
Intern duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Assist with pre-production tasks, which includes researching and brainstorming content development
Film and edit video segments for how-to’s, entertainment and storytelling
Plan and perform video post-production tasks, which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing
Utilize computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall design concepts
Compress video projects for output; make video products available in a variety of formats
Collaborate with team on new/innovative ideas, directions, and leads
This is a paid internship for a duration of 6-12 months (at least 6-months)
20-30/hours week; Flexible schedule to work in the studio or from home
Candidate must be LA-based
What You’ll Learn by working directly with one of the most renowned Hollywood hair stylist:
How to work in a professional and fast-paced environment
How to team build, multi-task, as well as important organizational skills and every day need-to-know knowledge
How to create content to reach the largest amount of people and create the most impact on social
How to develop your creative eye and editorial skills
How to establish yourself professionally
What you need to go out in the work place as a guru in video editing and content creation
Please respond with a resume, LinkedIn profile link (if applicable), and samples of work or a portfolio. Applicants may include links to videos or to their online portfolio in their resume.
Please email your application materials to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.