This week, we return to our sermon series in Exodus! Here's how you can be praying:
READ: Exodus 32 (focusing on excerpts from these verses):
1 -When the people saw that Moses delayed to come down from the mountain, the people gathered around Aaron, and said to him, “Come, make gods for us, who shall go before us; as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.”
11 - But Moses implored the LORD his God, and said, “O LORD…Turn from your fierce wrath; change your mind and do not bring disaster on your people….”
19 - As soon as Moses came near the camp and saw the calf and the dancing, Moses’ anger burned hot, and he threw the tablets from his hands and broke them at the foot of the mountain.
21 - Moses said to Aaron, “What did this people do to you that you have brought so great a sin upon them?” And Aaron said, “Do not let the anger of my lord burn hot; you know the people, that they are bent on evil. They said to me, ‘Make us gods… So I said to them, ‘Whoever has gold, take it off’; so they gave it to me, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!”
• On this Father’s Day, give thanks for our Heavenly Father, who is the loving, all-powerful father of us all. Pray for earthly fathers, those with us, those who are no longer with us, those who stand in as fathers and those who long to be fathers. Pray for wisdom, strength, and joy in their high calling. Pray that more men will join the Prayer Teams and lead in this ministry.
• Pray that, as you wait for a word from the Lord, you will be patient and that he will prevent anything from deterring you from your faith or planting any seeds of doubt in God’s promises.
• Pray for our leaders who are vulnerable, human, and who stumble and fall, asking God to renew their faith and redirect their path. Pray for ways to encourage them to remain faithful, to be aligned with the One True God, his will and his ways of leading.
• Are there broken pieces of promises at your feet? Ask God to make this new and trust that he can create and write his promises for you again.
• Pray for upcoming VBS, Family Camp and our Summer Mission Teams. Ask God how you may be a part of these exciting, life-changing opportunities! Go ahead, ask right now.
“The holiness of God is something more and other than moral perfection: His claim upon us is something more and other than the claim of moral duty. I do not deny it: but this conception, like that of corporate guilt, is very easily used as an evasion of the real issue. God may be more than moral goodness: He is not less. The road to the Promised Land runs past Sinai. The moral law may exist to be transcended: but there is no transcending it for those who have not first admitted its claims upon them, and then tried with all their strength to meet that claim, and fairly and squarely faced the fact of their failure.” C.S. Lewis
“It is hard to live with broken symbols, hard indeed to accept that the breaking of such hallowed symbols may be a necessary element in continuing faith.” Robert Davidson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKF7sBxv1-o I love you Lord.
Identify things in your life that you have put hope and trust in outside of God’s provision. These are idols. Perhaps they just popped up without much effort? It will take effort to remove them. Ask God to empower you to kick them over and clear them out and return to reliance on God alone.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU PRAY!