As we continue our Lenten sermon series entitled, MEALS WITH JESUS, here's how you can be praying:
Luke5: 27-32(The Message) After this he went out and saw a man named Levi at his work collecting taxes. Jesus said, “Come along with me.” And he did—walked away from everything and went with him.
Levi gave a large dinner at his home for Jesus. Everybody was there, tax men and other disreputable characters as guests at the dinner. The Pharisees and their religion scholars came to his disciples greatly offended. “What is he doing eating and drinking with crooks and ‘sinners’?”
Jesus heard about it and spoke up, “Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? I’m here inviting outsiders, not insiders—an invitation to a changed life, changed inside and out.”
·Thank God that His magnificent plan is for people to know Jesus through you! We are ambassadors for Christ. Pray that those people whose names are posted in our Sanctuary will be invited to share a meal during this Lenten season. Ask the Holy Spirit to enable you to provide a way for these people to know Jesus at a meal around the table. Perhaps it’s your table.
· Pray and ask the Lord who, in your family, work or neighborhood, He would have you join for a breakfast, lunch or dinner this week. Who are the “outsiders” you will dine with? Pray that they would know Jesus because you were there.
· Pray for BAC’s Life Groups during this Lenten season. Ask the Lord to bless those who are hosting the groups, bless the fellowship. Ask the Holy Spirit to be very present that hearts would be touched, lives would be changed, and our community strengthened.
· Pray for the families who have suffered the loss of loved ones and for those who are fighting for life as a result of the horrific shooting at the school in Florida. Ask God to wrap His loving arms around all of them. Dear God, please protect your children. Dispel the violence in our country!
· Pray for the leadership and staff of BAC. May they continue to guide our church family with love, wisdom and boldness as we together seek to follow Jesus every day and everywhere with everyone
· Pray, as we are invited to the Communion Table each Sunday during Lent, that through those sacramental elements, God, in His own marvelous manner, will transform hearts, minds and lives. May His invitation ring out from our sanctuary!
“This food satisfies the hunger of the devout heart. Faith is the seasoning, devotion and love of the brethren the relish. The teeth of the body break this food, but only an unfaltering faith can savor it. (Thomas Aquinas)
“Few acts are more expressive of companionship than the shared meal… . Someone with whom we share food is likely to be our friend, or well on the way to becoming one.” (Tim Chester)
“Our life at the table, no matter how mundane, is sacramental—a means through which we encounter the mystery of God.” (Tim Chester)
MAY GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU PRAY!