Here’s how you can be praying as we begin a new sermon series in GROW and focus this week on how we grow through LEARNING…
LUKE 24: 27- 32
“Then, beginning with Moses and all the prophets, He interpreted to them the things about Himself in all the scriptures. As they came near the village to which they were going, He walked ahead as if He were going on. But they urged Him strongly, saying, ‘Stay with us, because it is almost evening and the day is now nearly over.’ So He went in and stayed with them. Then their eyes were opened, and they recognized Him; and He vanished from their sight. They said to each other, ‘Were not our hearts burning within us while He was talking to us on the road, while He was opening scriptures to us?’”
· Pray that God will give you a hunger and thirst for His Word.
· Pray that as you spend time in the Word, you will hear the Lord speaking to you, learn more of who He is, His character, His intentions from “in the beginning” to now, His plans for you, His love for you, His provision for you and His promises to you. You are His beloved. He longs to spend time with you. Let Him pour out His heart to you and may your heart be blessed by Him.
· In prayer, tell God you intend to meet Him in the sanctuary on Sunday and in one of the Grow workshops at 10 am and in your small groups throughout the week. (Pray for all these things at BAC!) Invite Him to share more of Himself with you in those places. Pray about inviting a family member or friend with you to church and ask God to give you boldness in this invitation.
· Pray for our staff in this time of transition. Pray for wisdom, stamina, encouragement, and provision. Ask God to show us ways we can step up, lend a hand, be supportive and do the ministry of BAC. Teach us how to lean in to all the change and be part of it all. Ask God what it is that we are to learn during this time.
· Pray for families and children of our church as they return from summer vacations and get ready to return to school.
“Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden thing that you have not
known.” (Jeremiah 33:3)
“A shoot shall come out from the stump of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of his roots. The spirit of theLordshall rest on him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of theLord.” (Isaiah 11: 1-2)