As we celebrate Palm Sunday this weekend, here's how you can be praying:
John 11:17-36 (focusing on vv. 21-27): Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask of him.” Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” She said to him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one coming into the world.”
• Offer a prayer of thanksgiving that Jesus is the resurrection and the life - the first fruits of the promise of resurrection and of eternal life with God for those who believe in him. Praise God that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, just as God will raise us from the dead on the last day through Jesus.
• Pray that God will reveal to us the people in our lives with whom we can share the gospel message. Ask the Holy Spirit to give us the words to share with them, and that our entire lives may be living testimonies, pointing back to Jesus, the resurrection and the life.
• Pray that God will provide each and every one of us within BAC the opportunity to invite family, friends, and loved ones to attend an Easter Sunday service with us.
• Pray over our church campus, tech arts, support staff, parking, and traffic – anything that God brings to your mind - asking that everything work exactly as hoped and imagined on Easter Sunday.
• Pray over BAC’s Maundy Thursday evening (especially for those helping in the kitchen, serving, and facilitating at tables.) Pray for the Good Friday worship service and stations of the cross, asking for God to be known and glorified through all these things.
• Pray for the Life Groups that have been meeting during this Lenten season. Ask God to provide the opportunity for the relationships that have been cultivated to continue to grow beyond Easter Sunday.
• “Jesus confronted death. Jesus challenged death and Jesus conquered death.” (Stan Coffey)
• “If God could close the lion’s mouth for Daniel, part the Red Sea for Moses, make the sun red for Joshua, open the prison for Peter, put a baby in the arms of Sarah, and raise Lazarus from the dead, then he can certainly take care of you.” (anonymous)
• “Someday you will read in the papers that D. L. Moody is dead. Don't you believe it! At that moment I shall be more alive than I am now. I shall have gone up higher, that is all. I was born of the flesh in 1837; I was born of the Spirit in 1856. That which is born of the flesh may die, but that which is born of the Spirit will live forever!" (D.L. Moody)
Glorious Day by Casting Crowns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXp6xcY5IqU
• Invite someone to Easter services at BAC next week.