Shelter Staff (Part-Time, Overnight)
The primary function of this position is supervise shelter guests and shelter activities for a 90-bed family shelter. Significant opportunities exist for relational and spiritual ministry with residents experiencing difficult times. This position reports to the Program Manager and is a part-time regular, non-exempt position located in Northridge, CA. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime according to applicable guidelines.
The Rescue Mission Alliance (RMA) is a Christian non-profit organization that has been serving the less fortunate in Southern California through emergency and long-term rehabilitation services since 1972. RMA partners with local churches to meet the spiritual physical and emotional needs of the people we serve. The San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission (SFVRM) is a 90-bed facility dedicated to assisting homeless families. Established in 1998, SFVRM is a vital part of RMA that offers emergency shelter, life recovery and homeless outreach to families.
· A solid Bible based Christian faith, compatible with RMA’s Statement of Faith and an active member of an Evangelical church.
· Experience working with cultural dynamics (bilingual Spanish/English preferred).
· Relevant education and work experience is expected.
· A teachable spirit and committed to team participation.
· Able to work well with residents in a supervisory role, assisting in giving counsel and direction where necessary.
· Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, including the ability to delegate tasks.
To view full job description please visit website at www.erescuemission.org